2024 Kawasaki NINJA® 7 HYBRID ABS
The world's first¹ strong hybrid² motorcycle offers riders a number of new riding experiences: a mid-size package with the instant acceleration of a 1,000cc-class supersport model from a standing start (with e-boost), fuel economy on par with smaller displacement models, and button-shift sport riding. With three different drive modes each offering a distinct riding character and numerous innovative features for riders to explore, the Ninja® 7 Hybrid truly changes the game, ushering in a new era in riding experience.
Strong Hybrid Power
- NEXT-LEVEL HYBRID POWER UNIT Powering the Ninja® 7 Hybrid ABS is a liquid-cooled compact electric traction motor behind a 451cc parallel twin Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)—hybrid power, the first of its kind in a motorcycle. Working together, the ICE and traction motor produce a rider-friendly character with strong low- to mid-range torque. The Ninja 7 Hybrid ABS also features Kawasaki’s first use of an integrated starter generator (ISG). Mounted at the end of the engine’s crankshaft, it combines the functions of the starter motor and generator. The motor runs on a 48 V lithium-ion battery pack located beneath the seat, close to the bike’s center of gravity and charges on the go, so the bike doesn’t need to be plugged in. Thanks to the regenerative system, when the rider rolls off the throttle the energy of deceleration is recycled back to the battery contributing to a longer cruising range.
- ADAPT YOUR RIDE With three distinct drive modes to choose from, riders can adapt to a wide range of riding situations. - SPORT-HYBRID Mode offers the full potential of the hybrid power unit’s two-drive-system propulsion, where riders can enjoy the quick response for sport riding. - In ECO-HYBRID Mode, the traction motor alone is used when starting, with the engine coming online around 2,000 rpm. At a complete stop, the engine turns off to conserve fuel. - EV Mode is best for low-speed, short-distance riding, offering quiet, zero-emission travel.
- MIND-BENDING PERFORMANCE Activating e-boost temporarily increases overall output to that of a 650cc-class machine. With e-boost activated, the Ninja® 7 Hybrid ABS can initially out-accelerate a 1,000cc-class machine from a standing start under certain conditions. E-boost operation is limited to 5 seconds and is available in SPORT-HYBRID Mode.
- LOW-SPEED CONVENIENCE WALK Mode (with Reverse) allows for extra maneuverability when needed, in parking lots, for example. To activate WALK Mode, the bike must be at a stop and the throttle off. Then press and hold the WALK Mode button. When activated, opening the throttle moves the bike forward at walking speed. Closing the throttle past the “zero” point moves the bike in reverse.
- AUTOMATED MANUAL TRANSMISSION Kawasaki’s unique, electronically controlled 6-speed transmission uses proprietary logic to smoothly shift gears and operate the hydraulic clutch, leaving the rider to focus on throttle control. In AT operation, the gears are shifted by the bike. In MT operation, the rider initiates gear shifts using the shift buttons on the left handle. With Automatic Launch Position Finder (ALPF), when the vehicle stops, the transmission is automatically returned to 1st gear to facilitate moving again. Riders may opt to turn this system off.
- LIGHT & NIMBLE Chassis geometry and the frame’s rigidity balance were optimized to deliver light, sporty handling. The Ninja® 7 Hybrid ABS motorcycle's handling character is similar to that of the Ninja® 650.
- COMFORTABLE PERFORMANCE A 41mm telescopic fork delivers excellent suspension action. New Uni-Trak® rear suspension with preload adjustability accommodates load requirements and contributes to sporty, agile handling.
- CONFIDENT BRAKING Dual 300mm front disc brakes and a 220mm rear disc brake delivers powerful and consistent braking performance. Dual-piston front calipers, master cylinder and brake pads contribute to superb brake touch and control. Complementing the disc brake system, front and rear ABS offers an added degree of reassuring braking performance.
- RELAXED, SLIM & SPORTY From the relaxed, sporty riding position that caters to a wide range of riders, to the attentive layout of the switchgear, all aspects of the Ninja® 7 Hybrid ABS motorcycle's rider interface are designed to be intuitive and confidence inspiring. The low 31.92-inch seat height, tapered seat design and slim chassis contribute to the rider’s ability to reach the ground with their feet when seated.
- FIERCE IMAGE The Ninja® 7 Hybrid ABS bodywork captures the essence of sport in every detail. A broad upper cowl uses simple, curved lines to create a clean, dynamic image, while a large windshield contributes to stellar wind protection offered by full-fairing bodywork. Crowning the upper cowl is the Kawasaki River Mark—a testament to the innovative technology inside. Another design touch, the “Hybrid” logo on the motor covers, calls attention to the bike’s hybrid power unit. Fierce all-LED lighting makes a bold statement wherever you ride.
- DIGITAL LANDSCAPE 4.3-inch all-digital TFT (thin-film transistor) color instrumentation gives the cockpit a high-tech, high-grade appearance while delivering high visibility. Bluetooth® technology built into the instrument panel enables riders to connect to their bike wirelessly. A number of instrument functions can be accessed using RIDEOLOGY THE APP*, contributing to an enhanced riding experience. Available functions include: vehicle info, riding logs, telephone notices, communication (sharing), ranking, and maintenance log. *RIDEOLOGY THE APP is not intended for use during vehicle operation. Only use RIDEOLOGY THE APP when the vehicle is not being operated and it is safe to do so. All trademarks, registered trademarks, logos, and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) if shown for a vehicle excludes set-up, freight, taxes, title, licensing or other dealer charges, and is subject to change. Individual prices may vary. Please request a quote for specific pricing.